Culture + Community
Pony Girl | A Buying Guide from Beth Behrs
Perhaps it’s no coincidence our current guest editor included some of our absolute favorite items right now in her one and only buying guide for us (and you). We’ve been dog-earing the pages of this month’s Outside magazine since it hit the shelves, just wrote about our friends Parker Clay recently, and love Teeki, tea and Le Labo immeasurably. Beth has chosen some of her favorite consciously created products to aid you in adventure, comfort and joy seeking – items that won’t break the bank or could be saved for and treasured for awhile to come. Enjoy!
- TEEKI Pants: I love this brand and what they stand for:“We dance to a different beat, stretch with the yogi, run to the highest peaks, hike in unexplored territories, and swim where the ocean becomes one. We are Teeki. We take water bottles and turn them into clothes, giving them purpose again through an eco-friendly process”. I also love how wearable they are – transferring easily from work to yoga to horseback riding and even out to dinner!
- Women’s Issue Outside Magazine: It’s high time to give women the entire stage. I treasure this issue and soaked up the words of every article contained within its pages! “The great outdoors has always been thought of as man’s territory, with rugged guys climbing sheer rock faces and braving severe elements. But women have long been a part of the outdoors and that number keeps growing towards equal footing. With women now making up 51% of outdoor consumers, Outside magazine saw this as a perfect time to call attention to gender.”
- Le Labo Thé Noir: I always say it “makes me smell like Old Hollywood”…whatever that means! I just love LE LABO products. Visiting their store is an experience all its own, as your scent is mixed and bottled in the Le Labo Laboratory and slapped with a personalized label directly on site.
- Resurface by Shani Darden: My facialist Shani Darden is a skin angel, she’s just the best. Resurface is my favorite face product of all time!
- Sanctuary T: I am a HUGE tea snob, especially when it comes to black tea. My most favorite and sacred morning self-care ritual is mornings with tea. Sanctuary T is one of my favorite tea makers! Their tea cafe is a must visit for me anytime I’m in New York City.
- Leica Sofort Instant Camera: I’ve recently gotten very into learning photography, and I love finding creative things to do with my instant camera photographs! It’s small, which makes it easy enough to slip into a bag and go anywhere, so I always have it with me to capture any fun moments that await!
- Parker Clay Bags: These bags are my absolute favorite travel products…durable, comfortable and GORGEOUS! Parker Clay is a sustainable company that gives jobs and opportunities to women who have gotten pulled into human-trafficking in Ethiopia. I love love love every single product they make so much that I bought all of my family Christmas gifts from them! I also love their do-good approach to creating jobs for women in Ethiopia! (OTW article on Parker Clay)
- #SheHerdPower X Brass Unity Bracelet: I’ve teamed up with Brass Unity to create an awareness collection for #SheHerdPower. Proceeds from the collection will be donated to help #SheHerdPower expand our program into the future to further benefit sexual assault and sexual abuse survivors. The bracelet features a brass bead and African Ammonite, which is a stone of healing that aligns the physical body & energy field, thus producing a balancing, preventive & rejuvenating energy.