Culture + Community
Taking A Moment for Me | The Total Me-Tox Book
I’ve been thinking a lot lately about self-love and self-care. I so often – as most women do – put everyone and everything before myself. As I’ve started to make self-care a priority in my life, I’ve noticed a massive shift in my happiness and overall state of well-being. I wrote The Total Me-tox in the hopes that it will empower women to be authentic and the best version of themselves, without striving for perfection. I wanted to bring it back to what TRULY matters: loving yourself, serving others and enjoying the journey. This is a journey that I am still on myself, but I feel myself getting stronger everyday.
Goals of The Total Me-Tox:
- Empowering women is one of the most important missions of The Total Me-tox – as well as my foundation SheHerdPower. In our current political climate, it is also more important than ever. Self Care + Self Love = Empowerment = Success
- Encourage women in a smart, friendly, warm and open way to be human – not superhuman.
- To spark bonds and connections through activity – be it physical, mental or spiritual!
- Encourage community and casual activity. Less of a separation between gym life and your own personal life – life. Such as a hike with the dogs, dancing in your undies around your bedroom, cooking as a form of meditation and giving back to your community as a form of self-care and self-love!
- The Total Me-tox approaches life with joy, moderation, ease and warmth. Including a playful, silly, fun, no STRESS approach to diet and fitness. Living truthfully and authentically – free of pressure to perform, compete or check off “boxes.”